The successful Follow The Foals series, created by Ascot and Official Partner QIPCO, has showcased the journey of Qatar Racing’s finest homebred foals from birth. Now two-year-olds, the horses head into training and soon begin their racing careers, but first they must be named!
Racing fans have the unique opportunity to name six horses featured in the Follow The Foals series, headlined by a regally bred son of Frankel out of QIPCO British Champions Fillies' and Mares Stakes heroine Simple Verse.
The winners of the social media competition will be selected by Sheikh Fahad, Chairman of Qatar Racing, and David Redvers, Qatar Racing’s racing manager and owner of Tweenhills.
Who knows, you could be naming a future Classic winner or Ascot legend, who will be remembered as a champion for years to come.
David Redvers said:
"All six were born at Tweenhills and it has been a pleasure to watch them grow and progress at the stud. They now take the next big step in their racing careers and head into training with their respective trainers.
“They are all beautifully bred and have the potential to hopefully become something quite special. Sheikh Fahad takes great pride in all his horses but there is always an added satisfaction from the success of a homebred.
“Their names should reflect the Qatar Racing legacy and high-quality pedigrees. We look forward to going through the entries. Fingers crossed - you could be naming a future Royal Ascot winner.”
- Bay Colt Frankel ex Simple Verse
- Chestnut Colt Dubawi ex Wekeela
- Grey Filly Dark Angel ex La Rioja
- Bay Filly Havana Gold ex Stroll Patrol
- Bay Filly Churchill ex Wind Fire
- Brown Filly Deep Impact ex Lightening Pearl
How to enter:
- Follow Qatar Racing on social media.
- Reply to any of the #FollowTheFoals posts with your name suggestion(s).
- Names must be clean and no longer than 18 characters.
- Entries open Monday 8th February and close midnight Sunday 14th February 2021.
- Winner(s) announced Sunday 21st February 2021.